And we have the photos to prove it! Last year was our first-ever Young Gardener of the Year Awards and we received nearly 70 amazing entrants from primary schools and students aged 7 – 11 growing wonderful produce across New Zealand.
This year we’ve added new categories to our recognition awards and created more opportunities for you to showcase your love of gardening, and win some fabulous prizes.
ENTRIES OPEN WEDNESDAY, 1 AUGUST
But don’t wait for entries to open – start taking photos of your garden now before the frosty weather hits and the greenery fades!
Take a look at some of the School & Student entries from last year’s awards:
T&G Garden to Table Young Gardener Awards
The top five budding young gardeners will each receive a prize pack – worth $500, containing:
- A voucher for The Warehouse to buy a glasshouse or garden bed at home – up to the value of $150
- A T&G branded trowel – worth $80
- A $150 voucher from Tui offering fertiliser, compost, mulch and bark, soil and potting mix and tools and accessories
- A McGregor’s goody pack of products – worth over $100. This includes: seeds to grow capsicums, beetroot, lettuce, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and leeks – plus children’s gardening tools, gardening gloves, a pair of secateurs and a watering can.
- A certificate of achievement
T&G Garden to Table School of the Year Award
The winning school will receive:
- A glasshouse or gardening vouchers – up to the value of $1000
- A trophy
- A T&G wheelbarrow loaded full of Lotatoes™
- A $500 voucher from Tui to buy fertiliser, compost, mulch and bark, soil and potting mix and tools and accessories
- Up to RRP $500 worth of McGregor’s gardening products
For The Teachers
Each teacher that submits a completed entry form for either the T&G Garden to Table School of the Year or T&G Garden to Table Young Gardener of the Year Awards, will be entered in to a prize draw to win a lovely hamper of products – worth over $250:
- A pot of True Honey
- A hamper of goodies from Chantal Organics
- T&G fresh produce
- A Stephanie Alexander book
- A recipe book, Foggydale Farm Jam Session, from Lynda Hallinan